Specializing in Adults | Adolescents | Couples/Veterans/Trauma Survivors
Hello, I’m Dr. Yaro Garcia, please call me Yaro. I am a licensed mental health counselor with extensive training in clinical psychology, cognition, and trauma. I have 14 years of clinical practice. In addition to my work with clients, I also share my expertise as a professor and recognized speaker on topics related to mental health and wellness including complex trauma and treatment techniques. Here is a little bit more information about me:
My approach is caring, warm, safe, non-judgmental, and straightforward. I team up with you to meet your goals and see it all the way through. The treatment techniques I use include EMDR, Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Brainspotting, Traumatic Incident Reduction, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
My role as a therapist is to recommend and implement treatment techniques that will heal your symptoms. I know that seeking therapy is a difficult decision. Everyone experiences change and painful experiences throughout life. When change happens, our daily lives are disrupted causing stress, and emotional and physical pain. If you are struggling with past/current something personal or perhaps family/marriage/children/relationships-I can help. I can help you establish progress through change, and become more self-aware, confident, and satisfied. If something is keeping you stuck, therapy can help.
Together, we can work towards healing past traumas and finding effective solutions to any current or future challenges you may face. With my expertise, I can help guide you toward becoming more self-aware, less reactive, emotionally regulated, confident, and fulfilled.
As the Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) of Therapy Treatment Team, I am responsible for leading a team of skilled professionals and ensuring that our clients receive the highest quality care possible.
At Therapy Treatment Team, I have the privilege of working alongside a team of highly skilled and passionate professionals who share my commitment to providing our clients with the highest quality care possible. We believe in a collaborative approach to treatment that focuses on empowering our clients to achieve their goals and lead fulfilling lives.
I am thrilled to welcome you to Therapy Treatment Team and look forward to the opportunity to work with you. Together, we can navigate the challenges you are facing and develop a personalized plan that will help you achieve lasting positive change.
Here is a list of my certifications:
- Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Certified Advocate for Victims of Domestic Violence with the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Certified Advocate for Victims of Sexual Abuse with the Florida Council Against Sexual Assault
- Florida Behavioral Threat Assessment (BTAM) Certified
- Florida Counseling Association Certified and A Qualified Supervisor
- Therapy Treatment Team Clinical Director
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Traumatic Incident Reduction
- Marriage and Family Therapy Certificate
- Level 1 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Certificate
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Telehealth Training Certificate TEAMS Cognitive Behavioral Therapy