Hello, I am Dr. Garcia, please call me Yaro. My degrees are in clinical psychology and I am a licensed mental health counselor. My approach is caring, warm, safe, non-judgmental, and straight forward. It is a difficult decision to seek therapy, I take time to build a trusting therapeutic relationship with you. My role as a therapist is to participate in healing wounds, restoring hope, and creating beauty and meaning from suffering. If you are struggling with past/current family/intimate relationships I can help.
I have 12 years of experience in mental health. Everyone experiences change throughout their life. When change happens, our daily lives are disrupted causing stress, emotional, and physical pain. Are you feeling sad or confused? Are you anxious, angry, irritable? If you are in need of support and searching for a way to deal with a certain issue it is okay to seek professional help to get you back on track and reach your full potential. I can help you become more self-aware, confident, and satisfied.
Techniques I use include motivational interviewing, solution-focused, person-centered, cognitive behavioral therapy, prolonged exposure therapy, traumatic incident reduction, and others. I am a professor and speaker for trauma subjects. I have assisted in created state and national programs.
The following is a list of my certifications:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor with the Florida Department of Health Division of Medical Quality Assurance
- Certified Advocate for Victims of Domestic Violence with the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Certified Advocate for Victims of Sexual Abuse with the Florida Council Against Sexual Assault
- Florida Counseling Association Certified and A Qualified Supervisor
- Therapy Treatment Team Clinical Director
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Dialectal Behavior Therapy
- Traumatic Incident Reduction
- Marriage and Family Therapy Certificate
- Level 1 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Certificate
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Telehealth Training Certificate