Hello, my name is Melissa Turvey and I am a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor. My focus as a counselor is on providing a warm, therapeutic environment that allows my clients to address their presenting challenges with empathy, compassion, and respect.
I have worked with individuals dealing with domestic abuse, sexual abuse, substance abuse, trauma, anxiety, and depression. Over the past six years, I have had the privilege of working with children, adolescents, and adults in both individual and group settings.
As a counselor, I believe that our environment shapes our perceptions and beliefs as individuals. By helping clients change their perceptions of both external and internal factors, they can make necessary changes to improve their quality of life.
My therapeutic approach is person-centered and strength-based, which means I focus on the individual as a whole. I am passionate and committed to helping my clients overcome trauma, achieve healing and learn to live happily again.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Hodges University (CACREP Accreditation)
- Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence: Core Competency Advocacy Training
- Florida Coalition Against Sexual Violence Advocacy Training
- Member of American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Trained in EMDR
- Trained in Brainspotting
- Trained in Parts Work
- Experience working with diagnoses such as anxiety and depression (add PTSD and Complex Trauma)