Couples | Individual | Youth | Substance Abuse
My name is Melissa Turvey and I am a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and will soon receive my Counseling Addiction Professional certification. As a counselor, I have worked with individuals with domestic abuse, sexual abuse, substance abuse, and trauma. I also have experience working with diagnoses such as anxiety and depression. For the past two years, I have worked with children, adolescents, and adults in both individual and group settings. My therapeutic focus is on person-centered and strength-based.
I believe that our environment influences who we are and what we believe as people. By changing our perceptions of both external and internal factors, we are able to make changes necessary to improve our quality of life. I am passionate about this field and my clients. Through providing my clients with empathy, compassion, and respect they are able to address their presenting challenges in a warm, therapeutic environment. I believe that by focusing on the individual as a whole, they can obtain healing and begin to build a healthier and happier life.
- Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Hodges University (CACREP Accreditation)
- Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence: Core Competency Advocacy Training
- Florida Coalition Against Sexual Violence Advocacy Training
- Member of American Mental Health Counselors Association