Adults | Couples | Veterans
Hi, my name is Julieta Wenk. I’m a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the state of Florida and I have a Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. For the last seven years, I have been assisting individuals suffering from trauma, depression, anxiety, adjusting to life-changing events, couples and marital issues, and many other concerns.
I’m a believer that at some point in life, we all need to reach out for help to a trusted professional to be able to confront our issues and problems and to effectively manage and solve them. Being able, to be honest with oneself, tell someone our deepest fears, and bring our vulnerabilities to the open, shows how truly courageous we are. It’s a sign of strength, not weakness. With this being said, I would love the possibility of assisting you taking the steps towards healing, feeling more competent and confident, and using your inner strengths and resources to take over the reins of your own life.
Techniques I use include motivational interviewing, solution-focused, person-centered, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), traumatic incident reduction (TIR), cognitive processing therapy (CPT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and others. I am an adjunct professor at FGCU’s Clinical Mental Health Counseling program; and speaker for sexual violence/trauma subjects.
The following is a list of my credentials:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor with the Florida Department of Health Division of Medical Quality Assurance
- Certified Advocate for Victims of Domestic Violence with the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Certified Advocate for Victims of Sexual Abuse with the Florida Council Against Sexual Assault
- Marriage and Family Therapy Certificate
- Level 1 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Certificate
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Telehealth Training Certificate
- Finally, I’m a bilingual professional; fluent in both, English and Spanish